- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh turmeric root (grated or ground)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root (or 1 teaspoon ground)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic ghee
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- Small pinch of black pepper and sea salt (optional)
- Gently warm the almond or coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil.
- Add turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla extract and heat for 3 minutes. Next, combine coconut oil and ghee with the mixture and gently melt together for another 2 minutes.
- Switch to high and bring to a quick boil. Once mixture starts to boil, remove from heat. Use a wire whisk and stir quickly for 15 seconds. Continue to stir for another 15 seconds until frothy and heated through.
- Use an immersion blender or add mixture to a blender and blend on high for 15 seconds. Mixture will develop a creamy and frothy foam on the top layer. Pour into your favorite mug and stir in honey or sweetener of choice to taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
- Sip slowly, savor happily, enjoy the health benefits of this golden turmeric milk.