Yield: 2 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups steamed or raw carrots
- ½ cup raw organic cashews
- 2 inch thick cube of raw fresh ginger (large chunk peeled) OR 1 TBSP ground ginger
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Sea salt & white pepper
- Toasted or roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup cashew milk (optional)
- ½ white onion steamed (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Soak cashews in filtered water for 1 hour ahead of time.
- Add steamed carrots and ½ onion, broth, drained cashews, fresh ginger, and nut milk (optional if you want a creamier soup) to a Vitamix blender. Blend on the highest speed for 10 minutes to heat.
- Add to serving bowl and season with salt, white pepper, and chopped parsley as desired.
- Top with roasted pumpkin seeds as a garnish. You can also use a regular blender and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth and return to saucepan to heat.
- Try variations such as adding steamed potato and/or other herbs and spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric, curry, etc.
- Can replace and substitute carrots with butternut squash, sweet potato, or acorn squash for more variations.