Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Acupuncture and Headaches

By Judson Chaney, ND, LAc
Acupuncturist

The changing of the seasons from winter to spring can be a wonderful time of year. The days grow longer, warmer, and life outside begins to wake from the slumber of winter. Recently, I was enjoying time working in my garden, and I reflected on how fortunate I am to practice acupuncture. I feel this way because of the many wonderful changes and benefits I see this gentle therapy can have for patients. In my experience over the years, I have found that it works better for some conditions more than others.

One condition in particular I have seen positive and consistent benefits are in the treatment of headaches. Spring is a wonderful time, however its bounty and beauty can have a hidden effect on the observer. The unfurling of leaves, and budding of flowers can trigger allergies, and inflammation in many of us. In some, that allergy and inflammation can contribute to sinus pain, headaches, and even migraines. I have used acupuncture in my practice to effectively benefit both migraine and tension headaches, for people with short term episodes, as well as individuals who have been suffering chronically for years. I am not alone in this observation, as recent studies are indicating more and more that acupuncture can be beneficial for people suffering from chronic headaches.

One of my favorite aspects about the therapeutic use of acupuncture is that it is a drug-free, gentle, and safe approach. If you, or someone you know suffers from headaches I would encourage you to consider trying acupuncture as part of your therapeutic treatment plan. Whether the headache is from stress, tension, or just all the beautiful flowers outside, acupuncture may help ease the discomfort so you can get back to life, or in my case, back to the garden…

Please call 732.994.7855 to schedule your treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment